Sunday, January 17, 2021
Pastor & Church Resources
Thank you for your desire to learn more about Sanctity of Human Life Sunday (“SOHLS”) and how your church can celebrate the day. In an increasingly abortion-minded world, Jesus’ followers need to continually hear positive messages that affirm life so they are empowered to defend the sanctity of human life. We at Clarity are committed to stand with you in offering our services, our support and our resources.
To request complimentary SOHLS materials, please submit our online request form or call us at 866-510-5067.
What is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday?
- The original Proclamation of Sanctity of Human Life Day given by President Ronald Reagan on January 13, 1984.
- A brief history of Sanctity of Human Life Sunday
- A helpful answer to the question, “What does it mean to believe in the sanctity of human life?”
- Sanctity of Human Life message, from Clarity’s Executive Director, Tim Bond. 4 minutes.
- How You & Clarity Are Honoring Every Human Life, from Clarity’s Executive Director, Tim Bond. 4 minutes.
- 2021 SOHLS PDF Bulletin Insert
- Testimonies: Women and men who have participated in our Hearts Restored ministry are now ready to share their testimonies of the great healing God has brought to their lives. They are willing to come share with your congregation, or you can use their stories as a sermon illustration. Contact Sue Ketchum, Hearts Restored Director, by email or phone at 812-567-3150 for copies of their testimonies and/or to schedule a speaker.
Other help we can provide & ways you can be involved
- Download this Abortion Fact Sheet to get a snapshot of what abortion looks like in the United States. Additional resources are available by contacting us at 866-510-5067.
- A representative from Clarity to be present at your church for SOHL Sunday (We have speakers who can give a three minute overview of the ministry or give an entire sermon. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll do our best to accommodate.)
- Hallway displays
- Brainstorm special ways to communicate life within your service (Rose Walk, Baby Feet Scroll, etc.)
- Download a free bulletin insert (*For safety precautions, Clarity is not offering printed bulletin inserts for 2021.)
- Baby bottle campaigns, request here
- Special offerings
- Volunteer opportunities
- Choose Life License Plate campaign, request here
- Give your congregation a glimpse into the depth and width of the Clarity ministry with this Clarity Overview Video
Sermon and Teaching Resources
- Focus on the Family‘s SOHL Resources (includes testimony videos, age appropriate teaching tools, and a pro-life reference guide)
- 20 free SOHL sermons
- Sermon outlines and media resources from Sermon Search (fees for some resources)
- Rev. John Ensor of PassionLife speaks to the sensitive topic of “Must pastors speak about abortion?” View this video, “Leading Well: A Pastor to Pastor Talk about Abortion” (one hour length)
- Clarity has written a four-week Loving Life study for families, classes, small groups to use, including ideas for service projects. This study will help participants uncover the biblical foundations of life (protecting life/honoring life) Download this study here.
- “How to preach about value of life” by Dr. Ray Pritchard, AFA Journal.
- “Preaching on Abortion” by Nancy Kreuzer, Preaching Today
- Interesting Read: “Why I Hate Sanctity of Human Life Sunday” blog article
- *”99 Balloons“, 6 minutes and 8 seconds. $18 to download. Tells the story of Eliot – a baby born with an underdeveloped lung, a heart with a hole in it, and DNA that placed faulty information into each and every cell of his body. However, that could not stop the living God from proclaiming Himself through this boy who never uttered a word.
- “Choose Life“, 1 minute and 40 seconds. $19.98 to download. Through the voice of a young child, this video presents powerful scripture which reveals God’s heart on the sanctity of human life
- “Life Inspiration“, 2 minutes and 50 seconds. $19.98 to download. Collection of thoughts and challenging quotes about life from Historical/Important Figures. (Text and music only.)
- *”Life is Sacred“, 2 minutes and 8 seconds. $19.99 to download. The Bible tells us that we are created in the image of God. And because that is in us, all life is sacred. This video reminds us we are all precious in God’s sight. (Highlights all life issues – not just the unborn)
- “Psalms 139“, (from Breamer Films) 1 minute and 17 seconds. $17.98 to download. Uses Psalms 139:13-16 and embraces God as the creator of life. (Text and music only.)
- “Sacredness of Life“, 36 seconds. $15 to download
- “Sanctity of Life“, 2 minutes and 6 seconds. $18 to download. Highlights amazing pictures from within the womb. (Text and music only.)
- “The Dignity of Human Life“, 4 minutes and 12 seconds. Free from Focus on the Family. Various people talk about why when we talk about being “pro-life”, it’s not about a political issue. It’s a world view – a life view.
- *”The Miracle of Life“, 3 minutes and 32 seconds. $20 to download. Incredible ultrasound video and photos, shows how a baby develops in the womb. (Text and music only.)
- “To Value Life“, 2 minutes. $15.99 to download. The world tells us a lot about human life – its process, its fragility, even its value. What the world doesn’t tell us is that life has value, no matter what stage it’s in.
Our staff is available to attend women’s, men’s, youth or other groups (or church events) to share scriptural basis for the sanctity of human life or the services provided by Clarity.
Helping churches extend their missionary work in our community through local mission awareness and by forging a link between your church family and local missions. We can set up a booth or provide information for a bulletin board in your church to help build a purposeful relationship between this local mission and your church members.
My Best For You
Parents and upper elementary students together will explore the Biblical view of human sexuality and behavior. In fun, interactive and age appropriate ways, families will be equipped to guard their hearts, minds and bodies with honest, healthy Bible-based knowledge. God’s plan for our sexuality is always in our best interest. Nothing the world offers can compare to living within God’s truths. This program teaches that God wants us to have an abundant life in all areas while experiencing true freedom inside His safe boundaries. For more information about this program, please contact Lisa.
This four week, scripture-based, sexual integrity program challenges teens and their guardians (who will attend together) to be “no longer conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of their mind” (Romans 12:2). Transformed approaches the topic of sexual integrity in an interactive, Biblical and respectful way. Starting with a parent orientation and continuing with through four additional sessions, it is our mission to teach God’s truths while cautiously leading participants through the tangled web of Satan’s lies. For more information about this program, please contact Mendy.
Our Hearts Restored department offers bible studies for men and women who are looking for forgiveness and healing from abortion, sexual abuse and/or miscarriage. Please contact Sue Ketchum (our Hearts Restored Director) by email or phone at 812-567-3150, if you would like more information on any of these.