If you have ever experienced an abortion, or were part of the decision, you may feel alone. You may have taken all those memories and the feelings that come with them and stuffed them down, just hoping that they would go away. But they haven’t.
Did you know you are not alone? Approximately one third of American women will have an abortion by the age of 45. Most never talk about it. They hide the secret and often silently struggle with their decision. If this sounds familiar to you, we want you to know there is hope and healing. We’re here to listen and to help you begin the healing journey.
Clarity’s Healing After Abortion program provides support to women and men who have experienced abortion at some time in their lives, no matter how many years ago. Our post abortion support group leaders have ended pregnancies themselves, understand your feelings, and been trained to help others.
This is a safe place to find peace and move beyond the secret despair and pain. Meet one-on-one or in a small group with others who have the same experiences. The support for women and the help for men are confidentially led by those who personally understand.
- Join us for a 9-week small support group study with other women just like you. Text or call Sue at 812-567-3150, or send an email.
- Join us for a 9-week men’s support study with someone who can relate. Text or call Don at 812-720-0802, or send an email.
“I did not realize how my abortions affected my relationships with my children, my husband and my friends. I never knew the source of my constant underlying anger. I seemed to keep everyone at arm’s length. After the study, I was able to love unconditionally, openly and freely.” – past participant of Healing After Abortion recovery group
Trauma after abortion is real for women and men. Many are not able to process their painful thoughts and emotions or identify and grieve their loss. Abortion affects everyone differently, but there are many similar symptoms of post-abortion stress.
- You do not have to suffer in silence any more.
- Restored emotional health & personal relationships are possible.
- This isn’t the end of your “story” – there is hope for a new freedom and joy.