We want to give a warm welcome to Clarity’s new Development Director, Lara Hodson!
1. Tell us a little about your family.
I have three children. Jessica (34) who is a pilot in the Air Force Reserves and also flies for UPS. Joel (30) is a musician, photographer, and clothes designer in LA,and Jonathan (19) who is currently studying abroad in Barcelona. He is studying sports medicine and wants to be a doctor.
2. Tell us a bit about your education and professional background.
I am a Certified Human Resources Professional (PHR) as well as a Certified Human Behavior Consultant (CHBC). I have an Associates degree in Communications (A.A.)
3. What is your favorite thing about working at Clarity?
So far, my favorite thing about working at Clarity, in addition to the mission and vision, is the people.
4. What hobbies do you have outside of work?
I LOVE to travel, and travel I do. Last year I traveled solo to the the French Riviera, Barcelona, Rome, Italy, Corsica and Marseilles. I arrived in Monaco in a ship, left on a train and returned in a Helicopter. I went to France because I “try” to speak French. I have studied French for several years.
5. What is your favorite thing about living in south central Indiana?
Columbus is such a remarkable community. Such a great combination of class, culture and country. I think southern Indiana is very lovely.
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Raising three amazing kids. Creating a “Take Flight With a Good Book” for Chicagoland Libraries. I was a flight attendant and put together a reading program for kids. I brought in a team of pilots, flight attendants and made the kids believe they could go anywhere in the world (by reading a good book). It received major recognition from Chicago Tribune Newspaper as well as other local papers.
7. Be honest, what song or band is your guilty pleasure?
Jason Mraz or Elton John
8. What are some things that make you really happy?
Fresh air. Good time with family and friends. Exotic Islands. Quiet time with the Lord. Good Music.
9. If you could hop on a plane today and fly anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Tahiti or Dubai